Forward the (R)evolution
On the 19th of January 2010, we started a journey that took departure in The Hague, The Netherlands - city of peace and justice -and we gradually moved towards Mexico. This journey was called “The Locomotive of Freedom”. The aim being to free ourselves from all prejudices and preconditioned concepts that shape our societies. We went out to shake traditions and customs and undertake a different type of journey where we would experience life without money, trying to travel as much as we could in harmony with our mother earth.
We hit the road with three cameras to realize a documentary on our journey, a laptop to update the website - all powered by three solar backpacks and a folded solar panel - a couple of clothes, organic, biological and concentrated soap, notebooks, a Lifesaver bottle to filter the water and a strong faith in humanity. We left Holland to get a better understanding of our marvelous mother earth, our fellow men and ourselves. With the belief that if you are looking for the light, the goodness in each person and everything, you will find just that!
This journey took us through Belgium, France, Spain, Morocco, The Canary Islands, Cap Verde's archipelago and the Atlantic Ocean to Brazil and further (up till now) to French Guyana. A long adventure of over 6 months, during which we covered already more than 14 000km - all thanks to our fellow-Earthlings who helped us along the way... we are hitchhiking and boat hiking, meeting thousands of kind human beings who help us with a smile, a piece of bread, a shelter or a simple encouragement. We crossed a fourth of the planet without using a cent, demonstrating that it is possible - and sometimes even easier - to travel and live happily and comfortably without money.
To travel and live without money... but just as importantly, in harmony with our mother earth. This is probably the main motto of our journey... with the discovery that it is indeed possible... as everything we truly believe in is possible. Many questions have been asked us during this adventure. One of the most recurrent was "Why?"
Because we are all one and all connected... all together with our mother earth. And so, we want to live in harmony with all human beings and our beautiful planet.
- We travel without using money, because we believe that money and everything hidden behind it, such as profit and the destruction of our natural habitat that is our planet and the destruction of our humanity, is the curse of our modern society. Money is everywhere, in our pockets, in our hands... in our minds. Money is involved in almost all troubles of our world, wars for resources, hunger for lack of distribution and industrial exploitation, pollution for economic expansion and enrichment, etc... the list is long... behind each problem, one can find money. Principles of sharing and giving are long lost since capitalism undertook the command of our lives. We are losing our humanity. And yet there is enough for everyone. The solution is simple. It is as easy as saying no... no to money and yes to freedom and happiness.
- We chose to travel by hitchhiking to reduce the ecological impact of our movements by using what is already there. There is always a car going our direction. It is also a great opportunity to meet a complete stranger and open yourself to him, experiencing the beauty of sharing. Learning on the road is the best school of life about cultures, countries, cities, people, languages and so much more! Giving trust and receiving it is a wonderful gift which we can all give each other until all borders (may it be physical or mentally) will be overcome!
- We stopped the documentary after 5 month in Recife, Brazil, but during the whole time we used only renewable energy to power our electronic equipment to lower the ecological impact of our documentary and photos harvesting the unlimited power of the sun that shines everyday upon our heads. Solar systems are a great alternative to fossil energies, getting more and more efficient and are a great step into the right direcion of a world which runs on renewables.
- We drink the water from the tap or the river, using the lifesaver bottle to filter it and prevent intoxication's, refusing at any times to use plastic bottled water. Plastic is everywhere today, we use plastic everyday buying one-use products all the time, this plastic is one of the dangers for the environment, for our ecosystem and since it does not know any borders a problem for all animals, oceans, lakes, earth and finally for us humans to.
- We sleep outside, in the nature, in the streets, in gas station and parkings, in the house of kind people who invited us... Hotels, hostels are another product of the craziness of our modern societies. The recent crisis about housing reflects our obsession to possess more and to have places all around the world that remain empty most of the time... while millions of human beings don't have a shelter.
- We travel freely, without prejudices, opening ourselves to the others believing in the goodness that lies in each one's hearth. We encounter what we bring inside of our souls. It works like a smile; when you smile at the world, the world smiles back to you.
We are just like you, beautiful souls, Earthlings who share and love this planet, we love our sisters and brothers, we love you! We want to unite humanity as one family who sits in the same boat and to reflect the beauty of our experience which is only possible thanks to the people who believe in us, who believe in themselves and who believe in humanity! The truth which lay deep inside of each one of us, the wish for Love, Peace and Harmony for everything that is!
So lets love, spread peace and harmony, be the change you want to see in the world, its too late to be a pessimist, Carpe Diem but dream as if you would life forever!
For more info check out our Website in English, French, German and Spanish with many articles about the Journey of Humanity, the life without money and a lot of interesting and inspiring links. http://www.forwardtherevolution.net